Some of the information in this post may be out of date. Please speak to a librarian for more up to date information.
A couple of people have asked how they can subscribe to the blog’s RSS feed using Microsoft Outlook 2007, so here’s a quick step-by-step on how to do it.
- Under the “Tools” dropdown menu, choose “Account Settings.”
- The window that launches contains a series of tabs. Click the “RSS Feeds” tab.
- Click the “New” button.
- Another small window pops up, and in the blank enter the address of the feed you wish to subscribe to (in our case, https://krupplibrary.wordpress.com/feed). Click the “Add” button.
- Yet another window launches in which you can select the feed options you want – you can change the feed name, choose the folder the updates are saved to, and so forth. Click”Okay” once you’ve made your selections.
- You’re back at the RSS Feeds tab window again, where you can repeat the above process to subscribe to more feeds or close out of it if you’re done.
If you chose to save your feed updates to a specific RSS Feeds folder, each blog/site you subscribe to will have its own subfolder within the main one. Click on the appropriate folder to read your site updates as they come in.
And again, this is how to subscribe using Outlook 2007. If you’re running an older version of Outlook, some steps of the process might look a little different. Things might have other names, or be in slightly different locations – Microsoft seems to have engaged in a rousing game of “Change for Change’s Sake” with this new release of MS Office – but everything should be more or less the same. If you have any problems, please let us know.