Some of the library’s most popular business databases have been upgraded to provide improved access and/or more information. Databases with changes include:
- IBISWorld – Everyone’s favorite industry database now includes Business Environment Reports containing data and analysis to help explain how economic, demographic, and other changes impact business and commerce. In addition, the industry research modules have a new look and new Industry Life Cycle segment describing an industry’s stage of maturity and listing the reasons for the current maturity level.
- Mergent Online – a database frequently used to locate and download financial data on public companies, also has a new interface look as well as some new features. An added Report Search tab makes it easy to locate a Mergent Stock Report by typing in a company name or ticker symbol. The Advanced Search tab provides access to options for locating corporate executives or specific financial information on a company. This feature also makes it easy to locate a universe of companies that fit user-selected financial, pricing, or ratio criteria. Mergent Online now also provides access to the D&B Private Company Database, a database of directory information (NAICS code, primary executives, sales volume, and competitors) on thousands of U.S. private companies.
- LexisNexis Academic Universe – has a renamed Company module (formerly the Business module) with easy access to Company Profiles from information providers such as Disclosure U.S. Public Companies, Experian Business Reports, Standard & Poor’s Corporate Register, and more. Click the i next to a particular database to obtain more information on the content supplied by the provider. Remember, the Company module also includes a Dossier Compare Companies file which provides users with the ability to compare the financial information from up to 5 different companies.
The library also subscribes to the following new databases:
- RMA eStatement Studies – this electronic version of the RMA Annual Statement Studies, provides benchmark financial data for selected industries. Search by industry code or keyword and then refine your search to focus on a particular year or geographic region. Data can be downloaded into Excel and includes nineteen of the most widely used business ratios.
- eIFRS – provides full-text access to the International Financial Reporting Standards from the International Accounting Standards Board. Access is also provided to the International Accounting Standards and interpretation from the International Financial Reporting Interpretations Committee (IFRIC).
Ask a reference librarian to learn more about new library database or changes in existing databases!