Great news for every parent this summer! We are pleased to announce that we have – or can probably have for you in a timely manner – the books on your child’s ‘summer reading list’ which has become mandatory for most schools (Grades 6 – 12). Rather than wait on an endless list for an available copy at your public library, or buy the book out-of-pocket, just order the book here by requesting it from our collection – or ordering it through ILL. Don’t forget, we have access to titles from libraries around the country – so try us this summer, and pick up all the books your child needs.
“ConGraduations!” to the Class of 2017! We wish you all the best, and send you forth with these inspiring words from author/humorist Tom Bodett:
“In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.”
Happy almost summer!
The library wants to make your life a little bit easier, so we’ve got a few things going on this week. We’ll opening earlier and staying open later for finals, and you can check here for a complete list of our hours. The snack cart will be making some afternoon appearances this week, so keep an eye out for it! We also have coloring pages out if you need to take a break from studying and just color for awhile.
Let us know if you need any research help (or moral support). Have a great vacation, Bryant!
Final exams are coming up – please do not wait to book your study rooms for the Library or the AIC ! Some days and time-slots are filling fast, so the longer you wait the less chance you have of reserving the day /time you need.
Reserving is easy for either building – click on the link on the right column of the Library homepage. Just remember – you need a minimum of 3 people, and you can reserve up to 3 hours per week / per student. We have supplies to lend out if you need them, and food & beverages are permitted…we just ask that you clean up after yourselves before the next study group arrives. Questions? Call us at 232-6125.
We’re looking for your feedback! Fill out the library survey here and you can enter to win a $25 Amazon giftcard.
It’s finally spring! The warm weather may make us want to push aside homework and go hang out outside, but it’s important to finish the semester off strong. Here are some tips for dealing with spring fever:
- Make a timeline of when your big tests, papers, and projects are due and plan when to start working on or studying for each. This will help you stay focused on the work you have coming up, keep you from getting overwhelmed, and make sure your work is done on time.
- Talk to a librarian or make an appointment at ACE to get help starting your final projects early.
- If it’s nice out and you’re craving some sun, bring your work outside!
- Team up with a friend and keep each other accountable. Work together, or send each other texts to make sure you’re both on task.
- Schedule time to work when you’re most productive (after a shower, first thing in the morning, or right after class) and where you’re most productive (alone in your room, in the Silent Zone, with your group members in a study room, etc).
As always, feel free to ask the library if you have any questions about resources or research!
The close of the Spring Semester 2017 is fast upon us, with only a few weeks left before finals. At this time, we ask if you anticipate any need of resources via ILL Requests for final papers, presentations or exams (books, articles, DVDs, etc), please submit your requests ASAP. Keep in mind, it’s a busy time at all college libraries for ILL Requests, and some requests may take longer than usual to fill – but we always do our best to get you the items quickly. Should you have any questions regarding research materials you may need, contact the R & I desk at 232-6299. If you have any questions regarding ILL Requests, contact the ILL desk at 232-6125. We’re here to help!