Wishing everyone all the joys of the season! The library will be open during winter break, to assist patrons during Winter Session and IDEA 2018. Please click on this link: Hours January 2- 24, 2018
The library will resume regular hours for the Spring 2018 semester beginning January 25, 2017.
Hi everyone! We hope you’re going into your finals super relaxed and ready to ace your tests! There are a few things going on at the library over the next week or so to help you conquer your finals:
- Magnetic poetry encouragement—We have a board set up at the entrance of the library with magnetic poetry words for you to create short messages of encouragement for your fellow Bulldogs. Check out what’s already been written or write some lines of your own as you come in!
- The snack cart—It’s back (by popular request)! Library staff will be around delivering afternoon snacks during finals, so keep an eye out for it!
- Relaxation fort—If you need to take a few minutes to yourself, you can use the relaxation fort on the first floor near the research desk. It has meditation tutorials, stress balls, and relaxing pictures so you can take a few minutes to center yourself in between studying sessions.
- Creepy Mouse—Our old friend Creepy Mouse has escaped again! She’ll be hiding in the library throughout finals, and if you’re the one to find her and bring her back, you could win a candy prize. Make sure to follow us on instagram so you know when she’s loose!
- Hot chocolate bar—On Friday, we’ll have a hot chocolate bar set up with hot cocoa, marshmallows, and more. Come visit it if you need a sugar rush!
As always, let us know if you need anything (including research help), and good luck on finals!
You’re probably already aware that final exams begin on Tuesday, December 12th. But whether you think you’re fully prepared or this news comes as a complete shock to you, the library is here to help you with an extended schedule to help meet your needs.
Best of luck to you all~
We often get requests from people who just want to see a list of what we have in our board game and DVD collections, but the catalog doesn’t always make that easy. We’ve taken some of the guesswork out of it for you, though, and figured out the searches necessary to display the titles in these collections, and in alphabetical order for easier perusal to boot.
Click here to see a listing of our board game collection, or else scan this QR code with your phone (even if you think your phone doesn’t have a QR reader, it probably does… even Snapchat can read QR codes):
And you can click here to see what we have available for viewing on DVD, educational and fun stuff alike, or else scan this QR code:
With just days to go before final exams start, NOW is a great time to book your study room! Rooms go fast, so reserve one ASAP – you have access to the reservation requests on the Library website. Just remember: you need a minimum of 3 students to book, at a maximum of 6 hours per week. Questions? Give us a call at 232-6125.
You’ve got 20 days left until the end of the semester. We know that you’re working hard on your projects, papers and presentations.
Remember, the library is here to help! You can use our subject guides to find the best databases for your project and browse the library catalog to find books and eBooks.
Still looking for answers? Remember that you can ask the library for help! You’ve got this. We believe in you.
With your perseverance, you will definitely succeed.
As the Fall semester draws to a close, please keep in mind that any books you may need to be requested through other libraries (“ILL”) can take up to two weeks to fill, and additional time to arrive. Plan ahead and order your ILL books ASAP, so you won’t be left without the books you need in December! (Articles usually take a shorter time to fill / arrive). If you have any questions or need assistance on requesting ILL books, please give us a call at 232-6125, or stop by Borrower Services – we’re here to help you!