On Friday, March 16th, Bryant University will welcome more than 900 professional women from all over the region to the 2018 Women’s Summit “Rise to the Challenge & Reach New Heights”. The goal of the Bryant University Women’s Summit® is to empower women professionally, personally, and financially. This year, the day long summit welcomes key-note speaker Nely Galan, the self-made multi media mogul and best-selling author. Motivational speakers include CEO / Co-founder of ‘Rent the Runway’ Jennifer Hyman and founding director of the ‘Good Life Initiative’ Brigid Schlute. The summit also welcomes power plenary keynote speaker Jody Urkuhart, with her Keynote speech This Would be Funny if it Wasn’t Happening to Me!
Hi everyone! We hope you’re going into your finals super relaxed and ready to ace your tests! There are a few things going on at the library over the next week or so to help you conquer your finals:
- Magnetic poetry encouragement—We have a board set up at the entrance of the library with magnetic poetry words for you to create short messages of encouragement for your fellow Bulldogs. Check out what’s already been written or write some lines of your own as you come in!
- The snack cart—It’s back (by popular request)! Library staff will be around delivering afternoon snacks during finals, so keep an eye out for it!
- Relaxation fort—If you need to take a few minutes to yourself, you can use the relaxation fort on the first floor near the research desk. It has meditation tutorials, stress balls, and relaxing pictures so you can take a few minutes to center yourself in between studying sessions.
- Creepy Mouse—Our old friend Creepy Mouse has escaped again! She’ll be hiding in the library throughout finals, and if you’re the one to find her and bring her back, you could win a candy prize. Make sure to follow us on instagram so you know when she’s loose!
- Hot chocolate bar—On Friday, we’ll have a hot chocolate bar set up with hot cocoa, marshmallows, and more. Come visit it if you need a sugar rush!
As always, let us know if you need anything (including research help), and good luck on finals!
You’ve got 20 days left until the end of the semester. We know that you’re working hard on your projects, papers and presentations.
Still looking for answers? Remember that you can ask the library for help! You’ve got this. We believe in you.
November has been proclaimed national NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE month , and our streaming video service Kanopy has many titles related to this important celebration. Their collection of films and documentaries educates the audience about tribes, raises a general awareness about the unique challenges Native people have faced, yet celebrates the rich and diverse cultures and traditions of Native Americans. Titles include ‘Bad Sugar‘, ‘A Good Day to Die‘, ‘Who Owns the Past?‘ and many others. Enjoy anywhere by logging in with your Bryant credentials.
While September still seems a month away, our incoming first year students are participating in the “GRIT Initiative” Bryant’s entire incoming class has been asked to read the book Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance and write a 1-2 page reflection for their Gateway course.
The library has the physical book that you can borrow, but if you’re out of state or prefer to access it a different way, you can digitally borrow the audiobook! (1 user at a time, 2-day loan). Start listening now and get ready for September!
The close of the Spring Semester 2017 is fast upon us, with only a few weeks left before finals. At this time, we ask if you anticipate any need of resources via ILL Requests for final papers, presentations or exams (books, articles, DVDs, etc), please submit your requests ASAP. Keep in mind, it’s a busy time at all college libraries for ILL Requests, and some requests may take longer than usual to fill – but we always do our best to get you the items quickly. Should you have any questions regarding research materials you may need, contact the R & I desk at 232-6299. If you have any questions regarding ILL Requests, contact the ILL desk at 232-6125. We’re here to help!