Hi everyone! We hope you’re going into your finals super relaxed and ready to ace your tests! There are a few things going on at the library over the next week or so to help you conquer your finals:
- Magnetic poetry encouragement—We have a board set up at the entrance of the library with magnetic poetry words for you to create short messages of encouragement for your fellow Bulldogs. Check out what’s already been written or write some lines of your own as you come in!
- The snack cart—It’s back (by popular request)! Library staff will be around delivering afternoon snacks during finals, so keep an eye out for it!
- Relaxation fort—If you need to take a few minutes to yourself, you can use the relaxation fort on the first floor near the research desk. It has meditation tutorials, stress balls, and relaxing pictures so you can take a few minutes to center yourself in between studying sessions.
- Creepy Mouse—Our old friend Creepy Mouse has escaped again! She’ll be hiding in the library throughout finals, and if you’re the one to find her and bring her back, you could win a candy prize. Make sure to follow us on instagram so you know when she’s loose!
- Hot chocolate bar—On Friday, we’ll have a hot chocolate bar set up with hot cocoa, marshmallows, and more. Come visit it if you need a sugar rush!
As always, let us know if you need anything (including research help), and good luck on finals!
Our hours will be a little different this week because of the holiday, so make sure you check out our calendar to see when we’ll be open. If you’re at home for the holiday, you can still use the databases for research, and you can check out our online tutorials for tips while we’re closed.
Have a great break, everyone!
Bryant is partnering with PBC Guru to start a new virtual book club for alumni, faculty, and staff. A new book will be chosen every two months, and participants can go online to discuss the book with others. This month’s choice is The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We do in Life and Business, and we have one copy of this book available at Bryant. You can check the library catalog for more information, or to see if our copy is available for check-out.
To see if public libraries near you have a copy of the book, click the links below to check your local library:
These search results will show physical books, e-books, and audiobooks! Talk to your local library if you have any questions about finding or checking out these materials.
To sign up for the Alumni book club, or for more information, click here.
For information on library services for alumni, click here.
If you liked this book and are looking for others like it, you can check out this list from Goodreads.
Looking for a great book to read this Halloween weekend? We have plenty to choose from in horror, and mystery – all bound to lift your spirits! New titles by Gillian Flynn, Marissa Meyer, and John Grisham. Classics by Stephen King, Deborah Harkness, Agatha Chrisite and William Peter Blatty. Stop by and check some out today!
Who’s ready to do some fall baking? If you like pie (who doesn’t like pie?), you should check out our new book called The Art of Pie: A Practical Guide to Homemade Crusts, Fillings, and Life. It has instructions on making a variety of different types of pie, including traditional flavors like apple, blueberry, and peach, as well as some less common flavors like mocha cream, banana rum caramel coconut, grasshopper (mint), and nectarine. Not into sweets? No problem–there’s a whole section on savory pies like sausage and apple, Shepard’s pie, and English pork pies. Don’t want to bake, but do want to look at some close up pictures of pie? This book’s got that too.
Come browse this book in our Leisure Reading section, and send us a picture if you end up using one of the recipes!
You’ve located the Douglas & Judith Krupp Library Bluetooth Beacon!
What does this mean? You’re already one step ahead for some upcoming scavenger hunt fun during exam period in the library. Beginning on Thursday December 14th the library will install a short scavenger hunt – allowing those who complete the hunt the ability to enter a raffle for a fun prize!
If you’re interested in getting a leg up on the competition for the exam period scavenger hunt simply enter your name and email address in this form and you’ll receive further instructions.
Have you checked out what’s new on Kanopy – the on-demand streaming video service which is available free to our Bryant community (using your Bryant credentials)? There’s over 3,000 titles to choose from in Classic Cinema, Indie Films, Foreign Films, and Documentaries! Hundreds of new titles are added each month.So pop the popcorn, relax and watch a favorite film, or discover something new tonight. Photo: Hollywood legend Ingrid Bergman in the foreign film ‘A WOMAN’S FACE’.